Sunday, February 17, 2008

Born Free Bottles and Sippy Cups

Once I decided to change Jack's daycare bottles to Bisphenol-A-free (BPA-free) bottles I had to decide which bottle I was going to use. I did some research and decided that I wanted bottles from companies that do not use polycarbonate, which leaches BPA. This narrowed my choices to three bottles; Born Free, Green to Grow and Think Baby. My choice came down to what was available locally; I wanted to make the switch over the weekend so that we would be ready for daycare Monday morning. My choice was Born Free; they were available locally at Babies R Us. I have to admit that I was a little taken aback by the price $19.99 for a two pack, but I figured this was important.


One great feature of their bottles is that all the parts are interchangeable from the bottles, trainer cups and drinking cups. This was a big selling point for me because this means that I will be able to change the bottles into trainer cups and then into drinking cups all just by changing the nipple/spouts. Another feature that I like about these bottles are the disc shaped covers that go underneath the colar and nipple to help eliminate leaks. I always seemed to have leaks with my old Avent bottles. So far I am very happy with these bottles and the peace of mind that they give me.

No comments: