Monday, June 30, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
These are just temporary changes, I am still looking for a custom design!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
2. Babies who are worn are smarter.Because sling babies spend less time crying, they spend more time in a quiet-alert state. This is the optimum state for a baby to learn. It is also the easiest state for parents to interact with their baby. Babies who are worn typically develop speech faster than babies who are not worn.
3. Wearing your baby helps them adjust to life outside the womb.Wearing baby tightly in a sling or carrier mimics the sensations that baby experienced inside the womb. For 9 months baby enjoyed the gentle sway of mom's movements. When baby is worn s/he continues to experience those sensations, only externally. S/he also gets to hear the sound of mother's heart beating and feel the rise and fall of mother's breath. These all help baby regulate to life outside the womb.
4. Babywearing enhances parental bonding.I t is easy to bond and nurture a baby who is always close to your heart. The proximity enhances interaction between baby and parent.
5. Babywearing is convenient.A mother can easily breastfeed her child in a sling. She can do this while shopping, doing the dishes, catching up on work or resting in a chair. A parent can walk her baby to sleep, hands free, while keeping up with other duties.
6. Babywearing makes sibling care easier. You can easily tend to the need of a toddler or older child with baby in a sling.
7. Babies enhances emotional developmentBabies who are worn are more likely to develop strong attachments to their parents and become more independent as adults.
8. Babywearing enhances physical development. Carrying baby helps to develop balance and head/neck control.
9. Babywearing is fun and you look great while doing it! Ok, this one is a selfish reason, but the slings/carriers that are available today look gorgeous! Everyone will comment on it. I promise. Besides, its a lot more fun to go out shopping with your little one when they are right there close to your heart and experiencing everything with you. Plus, you are close enough to enjoy their sweet baby smell and they are in the line of adult vision for everyone to comment on what a little darling you have!!
Waddle n Swaddle
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Britax Carseats are also on sale this week at various locations. This is important to know because they do not go on sale often.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Websites (these websites have done a lot of the research for you already.)
- greenercars.org This site offers driving tips, buying green, and over 10,000 vehicle ratings
- greenerchoices.org This site is an offshoot of Consumer Reports
Look for the terms: Organic and recycleable
Look for these seals:
Most of all read the labels, research what your buying and if it's too good to be true then it is.
I hope you find this as helpful as I did and good luck with this very personal decision.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Just the other day I was driving to work and there was a bad car accident on the other side of the highway and the same thing: no one had stopped to see if the people were okay.
My challenge to all of you who are reading this is do something nice for someone else; it could be as simple has holding the door for someone, helping someone with their packages, paying the toll for the person behind you, buying a bottle of water for someone on a hot day or even stopping to help someone when no one else has. Pay it forward as they say and be a good neighbor.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
The first 500 bags will be fully loaded with all sorts of Seventh Generation and Healthy Child Healthy World goodies to get you even further down the road toward a living, healthy home. Each bag will contain $100 worth of eco-friendly treats, including a copy of Naturally Clean, the Seventh Generation Guide to Safe and Healthy Non-Toxic Cleaning, a Wee Generation baby T, healthy household tips from Healthy Child Healthy World and coupons from Seventh Generation.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Please be sure to watch this and then give your kiddos big hugs and kisses, I know I did!