Well to pack a litter free lunch you don't have to have a Laptop Lunch Box; listed below are all the things that you need to pack a litter free lunch.
You will need:
- a reusable, insulated lunch bag-try to find one that is PVC-free. (It shouldn't be too hard, I was able to get Allie's at Target)
- the main dish (sandwich, soup, hummus, whatever) is packed in a plastic food storage container or a Pyrex bowl with a lid. (Just make sure that if you are sending it to your childs school that you check to be sure that they allow Pyrex.)
- fruit (is packed in its own skin, or if it’s cut up it is packed in a small container,like the one above.)
- yogurt/applesauce is not purchased in small lunch-sized containers. We buy the bigger containers and take some out and put them into smaller ones for kids.
- no juice boxes. We pack water in a SIGG bottle, sometimes milk in a sippy cup (the Klean Kanteen is another great option).
- smaller desserts, such as cookies or raisins or goldfish crackers are also poured into smaller plastic or Pyrex containers. Nothing comes individually packaged.
Packing a litter free lunch isn't as hard as you may think. Do you already or do you think you can, achieve a litter-free lunch for yourself and for your kids?